There’s something about the phrase “New Year Resolutions” that sounds rather rigid, destined to fall at the first fence. Having thought about what I learnt in 2014, rather I’ve made a list of plans and hopes and intentions for 2015. Things to do more of rather than things to give up.
It will be the year when I want to:
- Finish my novel (see the last post) and start looking for an agent. ‘Start looking’ not ‘find’ you’ll note; it could be a long process…
- Cook something new each week to break out of the rut of the same dozen or so evening meals. Although Saturday will always be homemade pizza night as Malcolm’s pizza is the best ever.
- Take more photographs. Life passes so quickly and I want to be able to look back at some of those fleeting moments.
- Get back into the habit of going to the gym. I’m never going to be a lycra-clad gym bunny with abs of steel but I like the feeling of being fit and strong and I’d like to reclaim that.
- Walk on the beach more.
- Spend more time with friends – more midsummer evenings in the garden with wine and music.
- Travel more – because seeing the world with my wonderful boys is an amazing adventure that I can’t get enough of.
So there you have it – more of the good things rather than less of the bad. What are the things you want to do more of in 2015?