Christmas is a time for giving and plenty of people have been taking advantage of the Fidra Books Winter Sale to snap up some of the titles that we publish and a very gratifying number of people have been buying subscriptions from The Glenogle & Bell Book Company so it looks as though quite a few folk will be having a bookish Christmas one way or another.
However, Christmas is also a time for receiving and so we’ve got together with some of the wonderful publishers we work with to give away some books to readers of this blog.
There’s a huge range of books on offer from children’s picture books and YA fiction to thrillers, classics and some very rare proofs of books which aren’t even out until next year. I’m also going to be talking not just to the authors of these books but also some of the sales and publicity people who are responsible for selling those books into bookshops and who are some of the most passionate people in the book trade.
The first post will be up tomorrow and is unmissable – either check back here in the morning, like the Glenogle & Bell or Fidra Books pages at Facebook or follow me on Twitter to make sure that you don’t miss out.
A few Terms and Conditions before we go though – I’ll link to these as well but just to clarify…
- To win: leave a comment on the blog post. If your comment doesn’t appear immediately don’t worry; I get masses of spam so it will need to wait for approval and I’m not always at my desk.
- Comments on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter don’t count.
- Each post will state when entries close. Times are UK times.
- Each post will state whether the prize is available nationally or internationally – it varies largely because of postage charges/weight of books.
- Winners will be announced on the blog and have 48 hours to claim their prize, otherwise I’ll choose another.
- I can’t be held responsible for lost parcels.
Thanks to all the authors and publishers who’ve been so generous and good luck